56. Ferric chloride: A sustainable catalyst for the a-stereoselective synthesis of Deoxyglycosides from bifunctional Phenylpropiolate Glycosides. Anjali Aghi, Saksham Mishra and Amit Kumar* under the submission stage
55. Rh(III)-catalyzed controlled ortho-amidation of arylamides with dioxazolones using weakly coordinating native primary amide as directing group. Saksham Mishra, Anjali Aghi and Amit Kumar* under the submission stage
54. Activation of Stable and Recyclable Phenylpropiolate Glycoside (PPG) Donors via Iron Catalysis. Anjali Aghi, Saksham Mishra and Amit Kumar* Synthesis, 2023, ASAP article,
Invited article for the special issue Carbohydrate Chemistry
53. Palladium(II)-immobilized triptycene based hypercrosslinked polymers: An efficient, green, and reusable heterogenous catalyst for Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling reaction
Atikur Hassan, Akanksha Singh Baghel, Amit Kumar,* Neeladri Das* Chemistry -An Asian Journal, 2023, ASAP article. Invited article for the special issue for ICOC 2023
52. Ru(II)-Catalyzed Weakly Coordinating Carbonyl Assisted Di-alkynylation of (Hetero)Aryl Ketones. Akanksha Singh Baghel, Ramendra Pratap and Amit Kumar.
J. Org. Chem. 2023, 88, 8542.
51. Rhodium-catalyzed selenylation and sulfenylation of quinoxalinones ‘on water. Lalji, Ram Sunil Kumar; Prince, Prince; Gupta, Mohit; Kumar, Sandeep; Kumar, Amit; Singh, Brajendra. RSC Adv., 2023,13, 6191-6198
50. C2-Cyanomethyl (CNMe) Ether Protected Glycosyl Trichloroacetimidates for Stereoselective b-O-Glycosylation. Mosidur Rahaman Molla, Rima Thakur, Anjali Aghi, Amit Kumar,
Eur. J. Org Chem. 2023, e202300079.
49. Synthesis of Maleimide containing Arylacetamides via Weakly coordinating acetamide-assisted cross-dehydrogenative coupling and their photophysical studies. S. Mishra and Amit Kumar*- Eur. J. Org Chem. 2022,44, e202201129. Invited article for the special issue- "100 Years of University of Delhi".
48. Role of common functional motifs in site-selective C-H Bond functionalization”. Amit Kumar*, Hand Book of C-H Functionalization, Wiley publication-https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ doi/10.1002/9783527834242.chf0076 (Book Chapter)
47. Synthesis of Non-anomeric Spiro-Fused Bicyclic Sugar derivatives via Light Mediated Intramolecular Hydrogen Atom Transfer (IHAT) Process. A. Aghi, A.S. Bhagel and Amit Kumar*-Eur. J. Org Chem. 2022,41, e202200847, Invited article for the special issue-" Carbohydrate Chemistry.
46. Ru(II)-Catalyzed Auxiliary Free Primary Amide Directed Inverse Sonogashira Reaction on (Hetero)Arylamides. A.Singh Baghel and Amit Kumar*-ChemComm, 2022, 58, 11304–11307.
45. o-Cyanobenzoate: A Recyclable and Reusable Stereodirecting Group for b-O-Glycosylation via Pd(0)-Catalyzed Ferrier Rearrangement. P. Das, M. Rahaman Molla, Amit Kumar and Rima Thakur*-Chemistry -An Asian Journal, 2022,17,e202101156.
44. Ru(II)-Catalyzed Controlled Cross-Dehydrogenative Coupling of Benzamides with Activated Olefins via Weakly Coordinating Primary Amides. A. S. Baghel, A. Aghi and Amit Kumar* J. Org. Chem. 2021, 86, 9744.
43. Primary amides: Sustainable weakly coordinating groups in transition metal-catalyzed C-H bond functionalization reactions. Rima Thakur, Yogesh Jaiswal and Amit Kumar* Tetrahedron, 2021, 93, 132313. Invited article-special issue.
42. Cyanomethyl ether as an Orthogonal Participating Group for Stereoselective Synthesis of 1,2-trans-b-O-glycosides. Mosidur Rahaman Molla, Pradip Das, Kanika Guleria, Ranga Subramanian, Amit Kumar and Rima Thakur* J. Org. Chem. 2020, 85,19,9955.
41. Pd(II)-Catalyzed One-pot Multiple C-C bond Formation: En route Synthesis of Succinimide-fused-unsymmetrical-9,10- Dihydrophenanthrenes from Aryl Iodides and Maleimides. A. S. Baghel,Y. Jaiswal, and Amit Kumar* Org. Letter, 2020, 22, 5, 1908
40. One-Pot Synthesis of Orange-Red-Fluorescent Dimeric 2H-pyrrolo[2,3-c]isoquinoline-2,5(3H)-diones from Benzamides and Maleimides via Ru(II)-Catalyzed Sequential C-C/C-N/C-C Bonds Formation. Y. Jaiswal, S. Mandal,; P. Das, and Amit Kumar*-Org. Letter, 2020, 22, 4, 1605
39. IMIDATES: AN EMERGING SYNTHON FOR N-HETEROCYCLES. Rima Thakur*, Yogesh Jaiswal, and Amit Kumar. Org. Bimol. Chem., 2019, 17, 9829.
38. Acid-promoted palladium(II)-catalyzed ortho-halogenation of primary benzamides: En route to halo-arenes. Y. Jaiswal and Amit Kumar*, Catalysis Commun., 2019, 131,105784.
37. Additive-Free Gold(III)-Catalyzed Stereoselective Synthesis of 2-Deoxyglycosides Using Phenylpropiolate Glycosides as Donors. Mukta Shaw, and Amit Kumar* Chemistry -An Asian Journal, 2019, 14, 4651. Invited article-for Special issue-CRSI.
36. Palladium(II)-Catalyzed Regioselective Ortho-C-H bromination/iodination of Arylacetamides via in situ Generated Imidic Acid as Directing group: Mechanistic Exploration. Yogesh Jaiswal, Yogesh Kumar, and Amit Kumar* Org. Bimol. Chem., 2019, 17, 6809.
35. Visible-light-mediated b/g-C(sp3)‒H amination of glycosylimidates: en route to oxazoline-fused/spiro non-classical bicyclic sugars. Mukta Shaw and Amit Kumar* Org. Letter, 2019, 21, 3108.
34. Gold(III)-Catalyzed Glycosylation using Phenyl Propiolate Glycosides (PPGs): Phenylpropiolic Acid An Easily Separable and Reusable Leaving Group. Mukta Shaw, Rima Thakur, Amit Kumar* J. Org. Chem. 2019, 84, 589.
33. Chemoselective synthesis of isolated and fused fluorenones and their photophysical and antiviral properties. I. Althagafi, R.Shaw, C.-Run Tang, R. Panwar, Shally, Amit Kumar, Ramendra Pratap* Org. Bimol. Chem 2018,16, 7477-7487.
32. Visible-Light-Mediated Remote γ-C(sp3)-H Functionalization of Alkylimidates: Synthesis of 4-Iodo-3,4-Dihydropyrrole Derivatives. Y. Kumar and Amit Kumar* Org. Letter, 2018, 20, 4964–4969. Most Read Article for Month of Aug 2018
31. Rapid Synthesis of Polysubstituted Phenanthridines from Simple Aliphatic/Aromatic Nitriles and Iodo Arenes via Pd(II) Catalyzed Domino C-C/C-C/C-N Bonds Formation. Y. Jaiswal, Y. Kumar, J. Pal, R. Subramanian, Amit Kumar* ChemComm, 2018, 57, 7207
30. A Straightforward Synthesis of α-Amino Diaryl Ketones from (Hetero)Arylacetonitriles Promoted by N-Bromosuccinimide. Kumar, Y.; Jaiswal, Y.; Thakur.R; Amit Kumar* ChemistrySelect, 2018, 3, 5614-5619.
29. One-Pot, Two-step Synthesis of Unsymmetrical (Hetero)Aryl 1,2-Diketones via Addition-Oxygenation of Potassium Aryltrifluoro- borates to (Hetero) Arylacetonitriles. Kumar, Y.; Jaiswal, Y.; Amit Kumar*, Eur. J. Org Chem. 2018, 494-505.
28. Palladium-Catalyzed Regioselective C–H Alkenylation of Arylacetamides via Distal Weakly Coordinating Primary Amides as Directing Groups.Yogesh Jaiswal, Y. Kumar, and Amit Kumar* J. Org. Chem. 2018, 1223-1231. Most Read Article for Month of Jan 2018
27. Electron-deficient pyridinium salts/thiourea cooperative catalyzed O-glycosylation via activation of O-glycosyl trichloroacetimidate donors. Mukta Shaw, Yogesh Kumar, Rima Thakur and Amit Kumar* Beilstein J. Org. Chem. 2017, 13, 2385–2395.
26. Metal-Free Catalyst-Controlled Chemoselective Synthesis of Aryl a-Ketoesters and Primary a-Ketoamides from ArylAcetimidates. Y. Kumar, Yogesh Jaiswal, Mukta Shaw, and Amit Kumar* ChemistrySelect 2017, 2, 21, 6143.
25. Recent Developments in the Synthesis of Stereoselective trans-β- and 2-deoxy-β-Glycosides. Mukta Shaw, Amit Kumar* Rima Thakur* Trends In Carbohydrate Research, Vol. 9, No. 1 (2017) 1-28
24.Copper(II)-Catalyzed Benzylic C(sp3)–H Aerobic Oxidation of (Hetero)Aryl Acetimidates: Synthesis of Aryl-α-ketoesters. Kumar, Y.; Jaiswal, Y.; Amit Kumar*, J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 12247. Most Read Article for Month of Dec 2016
23. Primary Amide Directed Regioselective ortho-C–H-Arylation of (Aryl)Acetamides. Jaiswal, Y.; Kumar, Y.; Thakur, R.; Pal, J.; Subramanian, R.; Amit Kumar* J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81 , 12499. Most Read Article for Month of Dec 2016
22. Copper(II)-Mediated Aerobic Oxidation of Benzylimidates: Synthesis of Primary α‑Ketoamides. Kumar, Y.; Shaw, M.; Thakur, R.; Amit Kumar* J. Org. Chem. 2016, 81, 6617.
21. “Acid-Base Catalysis Concept in Glycosidation” Amit Kumar* and R. R. Schmidt* Book Chapter, Glycoscience: Biology and Medicine, SpringerReference, 2014.
20. Amide-substituted Heterocyclic compounds useful as modulators of IL-12, IL-23 and/or ifn αlpha responses. R. M. Moslin and Amit Kumar et al., Application No. PCT/US2013/68846.
19. Cooperative Catalysis in Glycosidation Reactions with O-GlycosylTrichloroacetimidates as Glycosyl Donors. Yiqun Geng, Amit Kumar, Hassan M. Faidallah, Hassan A. Albar, Ibrahim A. Mhkalid, Richard R. Schmidt. Angew Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2013, 52, 10089-10092.
18. Synthesis of α-D-glucopyroanosyl-phenyldiazomethanes and studies on the pH-dependent stability and inhibiting property against α-glucosidase. Y. Geng, Amit Kumar and Richard R. Schmidt. Bioorg. Med. Chem., 2013, 21, 4793-4802.
17. Intramolecular Glycosidation via Click Reaction Mediated Spacer Generation and Following Spacer Cleavage. Amit Kumar, Y. Geng and Richard R. Schmidt. Eur. J. Org. Chem, 35, 6846-6851, 2012.
16. Synthesis and Biological Properties of C-2 Triazolyl Inosine Derivatives. M. K. Lakshman, Amit Kumar, R. Balachandran, B.W. Day, G. Andrei, R. Snoeck,and J. Balzarini. J. Org.Chem. 2012, 77, 5870–5883. Featured Article.
15. Silicon Fluorides for Acid-Base Catalysis in Glycosidations. Amit Kumar, Y. Geng and Richard R. Schmidt. Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis. 2012, 354, 1489.
14. Reversal of Anomeric Selectivity with O-Glycosyl Trichloroacetimidates as Donors, Thiols as Acceptor under Acid-Base catalysis. Amit Kumar and Richard R. Schmidt. Eur.J.Org.Chem 2012, 2715.
13. Disaccharide Containing Macrocycles through Click Chemistry and Intramolecular Glycosylation. V. K. Tiwari, Amit Kumar and Richard R. Schmidt. Eur J. Org. Chem. 2012, 2945.
12. Synthesis of Glycosylthiols and Reactivity Studies.R. Dere, Amit Kumar, V. Kumar, X. Zhu and R. R. Schmidt. J. Org. Chem., 2011, 76, 7539.
11. Bond Formation via Acid-Base Catalysis. Amit Kumar, V. Kumar, R. Dere and R. R. Schmidt. Org. Lett.2011, 13, 3612.
10. Simple Synthesis of Amides and Weinreb Amidesvia Use of PPh3 or Polymer Supported PPh3 and Iodine. Amit Kumar, H. K. Akula and M. K. Lakshman.Eur. J. Org. Chem, 2010,14, 2709.Highlighted by: SYNFACTS Journal
9. Synthesis of 1,4-Dideoxy-1,4-imino-heptitol and 1,5-Dideoxy-1,5-imino-octitols from D-xylose. Amit Kumar, M. A. Alam, S. Rani and Yashwant D. Vankar.Carbohydr.Res., 2010, 345, 1142.
8. Synthesis of N,N6-Dialkyl Adenine Nucleosides with In Situ Formed Hexaalkylphosphorus Triamides. M. K. Lakshman, A. Choudhury, S. Bae, E. Rochttis, P Pradhan and Amit Kumar. Eur. J. Org. Chem, 2009, 30, 152.
7. Synthesis of hybrids of 3-deoxy carbasugars with pyranoses (D-mannose and D-talose) as glycosidase inhibitors. V. R. Doddi, K. Kancharla, Y. S. Reddy, Amit Kumar and Yashwant D. Vankar. Carbohydr. Res., 2009, 344, 606.
6.Total Synthesis of L-(+)-Swainsonine and other Indolizidine Azasugars from D-Glucose. Md. A. Alam, Amit Kumar and Yashwant D. Vankar. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2008,29, 4972.
5. Stereoselective synthesis of muco-quercitol, (+)-gala-quercitol and 5-amino-5-deoxy-D- vibo-quercitol from D-mannitol. V. R. Doddi, Amit Kumar and Y. D. Vankar. Tetrahedron, 2008, 64, 9117
4. Mild and Efficient Chemoselective Deprotection of Anomeric O-methyl Glycosides Using Trityl Tetrafluoroborate. Amit Kumar, V. R. Doddi and Yashwant D. Vankar. J.Org. Chem. 2008 73, 5993.
3. Synthesis of Hybrids of D-Glucose and D-Galactose with 1-Deoxynojirimycin Analogues Using Ring Closing Metathesis. Amit Kumar, G. K. Rawal and Yashwant D. Vankar.Tetrahedron, 2008, 64, 2379.
2. New Method for Chloroamidation of Olefins. Application in the Synthesis of N-Glycopeptides and Anticancer Agents. G. K. Rawal, Amit Kumar, U. Tawar and Yashwant D. Vankar. Org. Lett., 2007, 9, 5171.
1. Nafion-H mediated selective deprotection of terminal isopropylidene acetals and tritylethers. Application in the synthesis of a substituted piperidone. G. K. Rawal, S. Rani, Amit Kumar and Yashwant D. Vankar.Tetrahedron Lett.,2006, 47, 9117.